Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Teriyaki Shrimp Lettuce Wraps

I needed to use up some cabbage I had so I came up with this. So simple but so much flavor. I am not to fond take out so this was perfect for me. The shrimp goes so well with the sweet and salty flavor of the teriyaki sauce and crunchy veggies.

31-40 count large shrimp (peeled and deveined)
1/2 a head of cabbage
1 carrot shredded
1/2 onion chopped
2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
1 teaspoon chili flakes
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1 tablespoon garlic
4 tablespoon low sodium teriyaki sauce
2 tablespoons coconut oil
1/2 head of lettuce


Heat large skillet over medium high. Add coconut oil, onion, carrot and cabbage. Saute a few minutes then add chili flakes, ginger, garlic, soy sauce and teriyaki sauce. Once onions are tender add shrimp and cook until pink about 3-4 minutes. Serve with lettuce.

No comments:

Post a Comment