Monday, June 18, 2012

Healthy Pancakes

Since I am trying to make healthier choices and at the same time get my girls to like different things I found a pancake recipe that I modified. I love these pancakes and they fill you up!!




1/2 cup dry oats (not instant)
1/2 cup low fat cottage cheese
2 eggs (the whole egg makes them fluffy)
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
2 tablespoon Stevia
non stick cooking spray
fruit of your choice

Blend oats in food processor until fine, then add cottage cheese and pulse until somewhat smooth. Add vanilla, Stevia and cinnamon,  pulse to combine. Heat medium skillet and coat with cooking spray. Using a spoon I just put about 3 spoonfuls into pan spreading out with back of spoon. They will cook like regular pancakes so when bubbles start to form flip and repeat. Recipe makes about 3 pancakes. Then I microwaved about 1/2 a cup frozen blueberries and 1 tablespoon Stevia on high for 1 min. Pour over top and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment